Step 3: Sending a Program
For this step, you are going to connect your data logger to a computer, then send the program you created in the last step.
- In Step 1 you plugged your data logger into your computer using a USB or RS-232 cable.
- PC200WBasic data logger support software for direct connect. It supports a connection between computer and data logger and includes Short Cut for creating data logger programs. Tools for setting the data logger clock, sending programs, monitoring sensors, and on-site viewing and collection of data is also included. and PC400Data logger support software that supports a variety of communication options, manual data collection, and data monitoring displays. Short Cut and CRBasic Editor are included for creating data logger programs. PC400 does not support complex communications options, such as phone-to-RF, PakBus® routing, or scheduled data collection. users, select the data logger from the list and click the Connect button ().
- LoggerNetCampbell Scientific's data logger support software for programming, communications, and data retrieval between data loggers and a computer. users, select Main and click the Connect button () on the LoggerNet toolbar, select the data logger from the Stations list, then click the Connect button ().
Now you can send your program from your computer to your data logger. Watch a video or use the following instructions.
- Using your data logger support softwareLoggerNet, RTDAQ, PC400, and PC200W - these Campbell Scientific software applications include at least the following functions: data logger communications, downloading programs, clock setting, and retrieval of measurement data., click Send New or Send Program (located in the Current Program section on the right side of the window).
- Navigate to C:\Campbellsci\SCWin, select MyTemperature.CR300, and click Open.
- Confirm that you would like to proceed and erase all data tables saved on the data logger. The program will send, compile, then display results.